General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
General Liability Insurance Information
If you have a personal umbrella liability policy, there's generally an exclusion for business-related liability. Make sure you have sufficient auto liability coverage.
Unfortunately for every business owner, the chances of getting sued have dramatically increased in the last decade. General Liability insurance can prevent a legal suit from turning into a financial disaster by providing financial protection in case your business is ever sued or held legally responsible for some injury or damage.
General Liability pays losses arising from real or alleged bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury on your business premises or arising from your operations. The Hartford's liability programs extend far beyond the provisions of typical policies, with broadened coverage and increased limits in over 30 areas.
Broad Range of General Liability Protection
What Is General Liability Insurance?
- Bodily Injury, including the cost of care, the loss of services, and the restitution for any death that results from injury
- Property Damage coverage for the physical damage to property of others or the loss of use of that property
- Products-Completed Operations provides liability protection (damages and legal expenses up to your policy's limit) if an injury ever resulted from something your company made or service your company provided
- Products Liability is a more specialized product liability insurance that protects your company against lawsuits from product-related injury or accidents
- Contractual Liability extends to any liability you may assume by entering into a variety of contracts
- Other coverage includes: Reasonable Use of Force; Borrowed Equipment; Liquor Liability; Non-Owned Vehicles (such as aircraft and watercraft); Fire, Lightning or Explosion Damage; Water Damage Liability Protection; Legal Defense Costs; Medical Payments; Personal Injury; Advertising Injury; and specialized liability protection for specific business types
General liability insurance helps protect a business from the financial consequences of accident-related expenses or certain lawsuits. Unexpected events can cause a great deal of financial strain, and without general liability insurance coverage, your company may be held liable for damages.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover?
General liability insurance typically provides three main types of coverage:
Bodily injury insurance helps pay for medical bills and other related costs if a third party suffers injuries for which the business is legally liable.
Property damage insurance helps cover costs resulting from third-party property damage caused by you or one of your employees during everyday business activities.
Personal/advertising injury insurance helps pay for costs related to advertising and personal injury accusations.