Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Palm Beach Home Insurance
Your home is an expensive investment. Protecting it with affordable, comprehensive homeowners insurance is critical.
Bruening Insurance can help you find the appropriate policy to meet your needs. We’re a family-owned business that has been serving Floridians since 1964. Our agents put customer satisfaction first in everything we do.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
Think about the value attached to your house, property and possessions. This likely makes up a very large chunk of your assets. You cannot afford costly damage or losses to these items. With a strong homeowners policy, you won’t have to drain your savings to afford repairs following a disaster.
Consider some of the scenarios that could impact a home’s need for insurance:
- A fire could destroy your home and belongings, forcing you to rebuild.
- Weather or another natural disaster could likewise damage the home.
- Theft or vandalism could lead to both property damage and possession losses.
- If a house guest gets injured, you might need liability protection and medical coverage to help cover their expenses.
- If you’re still paying for your home, your lender will likely require homeowners coverage.
Most standard policies can protect both the home’s structure and the possessions within it. You can also enroll in liability insurance, which can help you pay for damage you or your family (including pets) cause to someone else. A variety of supplemental types of coverage can further augment the standard policy.
Every home is unique, so you will need to insure yours using coverage values that meet your financial needs. Your insurance agent can help you determine how to structure a policy to meet your requirements, and those of your lender.
Home Insurance Exclusions
Home insurance policies can provide adequate coverage following a damaging incident. However, keep in mind that your insurance likely won’t pay for routine maintenance or standard home repairs. That’s the homeowner’s responsibility.
Furthermore, some disasters are not covered by homeowners insurance. Floods and earthquakes are two of these examples. You will need to buy separate policies for these. Talk to your agent about the exclusions in your policy, and whether you need additional coverage.
Tips for Talking to Your Agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your purchasing decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Do I need special types of coverage because of lending requirements, flood risks or other factors?
- How high should I make my liability insurance limits? Will getting married or starting a family mean I should raise these limits?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly? What's the process for filing and settling a claim?
- Which discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
Get in Touch With Us Today
Ready to get homeowners insurance? Look no further. Call Bruening Insurance at (800) 293-0131 or fill out a brief online quote form today. We guarantee our clients fast, convenient service.